Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Handmade Clipboard.... & Free Printable

 
 
Seriously... $1.99? Just one more reason I love Nate Berkus and Target!  These fabulous little clips were the inspiration behind my latest craft project and I cant believe how simple it was to do.    
 

Along with these clips, I used a 12x12 sheet of birch wood, 1/4" thick from Joann's and some existing stain I had left over from previous projects.  The wood only cost me a little over $3.00 because I had a coupon and it was on sale... making this project a mere $3.50 (if you count each clip at $0.50)!!!

 
 
I used a little sponge brush and covered the wood in stain.  Since it is pretty dark, it did take a couple coats to get the dark, rich look I was going for.  

 
 
While it was drying, which was less than 10 minutes top, I choose which shape clip I wanted to use... but seeing how I loved this project so much, I think I will do 3 more boards and use all the clips from the set.
 


 
I also jumped on my computer and whipped out this cute little saying with a quote for my oldest son.  I printed it on regular 8.5x11 paper but I trimmed of a couple inches to make it square.  
 

 
Once my board was dry, I measured the middle and attached the clip using hot glue.
 
 


And wa-la.... here she is, the finish product!



 
And if you would like a copy to of this print, please feel free to use the .jpg below!
 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment